Drevant Priory was established by Moutier d'Ahun Abbey in the Creuse (then under the tutelage of the Uzerche Abbey in Correze), on a land area given by the Lords of St. Amand in 1055. These two abbeys accepted the Cluniac reform in different periods. Drevant Priory played an economic role linked to viticulture, ideal on the hillsides of the Cher. Privatized in 1791 following a sale as a national property, ISMH classified in 1926, private property. In 2015 it celebrated 960 years since the act of donation and joined the European Federation of Cluniac Sites, placing Drevant on the great European Cluniac route.
Its remarkable facade, testimony to Romanesque art in Berry, is distinguished by 3 arches and a row of 8 modillons; it is visible from the road.
Rendez vous culturels et special journées européennes archéologie-patrimoine-architecture au prieuré de drevantPrieuré St Julien de Drevant
1 place de l'église
- Contemporary / modern art
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)
- Specific theme activities
- Temporary exhibitions
- Groups accepted : Yes