Two museums on only one site, the Fortress of Montrichard :
- The archeological Museum of the « Friends of René Galloux » to imerge yourself in history, through paleotolongy, the prehistory of human beings, the Gallo-roman period or the Merovingian area. A room is also devoted to molinology (study of windmill).
- The Ethnology museum of the « Friends of the Old Montrichard » will imerge yourself in the 1900’s atmosphere. You will discover object of past time, admire famous character of the history of the city, learn some method of handicraft… You can also travel through 1000 years of history that have marked the city.
La Forteresse et ses MuséesMairie de Montrichard
4 Montee Grands Degrés Ste Croix
41400 MONTRICHARD VAL DE CHER
- Popular arts and traditions
- Listed or registered (CNMHS)
- Private museum
- Credit CardDebit cardsCashEurocard - MastercardVisa
- Deposit : No
- Groups accepted : Yes
- Individual visit : yes
- Average duration : 01:30
- Language(s) of visit : French